Nature and Wildlife Photography blog | Wildlife photography | Landscape photography

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Back to Saaremaa

Hi and sorry for my long absence! But I think you will find the following worth the wait! :)
So we headed to our summer home again on the 1st of May. For those of you who don't know already every year at this time we take my grandparents there for 6 months and bring them back for the winter. We all look forward to this time every spring. Saaremaa is a place for us to relax and enjoy the nature. I haven't had the option to properly photograph wildlife this year so I was extremely eager to meet my roe deer, foxes and other wonderful animals again. I try to take advantage of the fact that the animals know the place is empty and wonder to our garden. After a couple of days they are a little bit more aware that we are back. A couple of years ago we had just arrived to Saaremaa and like a half an hour after that I just went to our veggie field which is some 3o meters from the house. I wasn't even there yet when I saw a fox coming my way. My camera was in the house....try not to make that mistake again ;) The fox didn't see me at all, he came to about 10 meters from me. I didn't know what else to do than crouch down and just observe. He was a real beauty! They often come to the fields behind our house to hunt for dinner. After some 5-10 minutes he heard the door slam from our house, probably my grandpa, and he was off. After that I asked people if they could see me because the fox hadn't :D LOL

Anyway, I went to the woods on Friday evening but didn't see anybody.....only heard the roe deer. I decided that okay if I wont see anyone today then I'm sure as hell going to see and get a really good pic tomorrow! I was only off by one day as it turned out, got my really good pics on Sunday evening. Look for a post called Mr. Elk coming soon.

Here are some pics from Saturday morning. It was cold and frosty but the day was really warm, about 19 degrees.




Finally saw my roe deer but sadly the sun was quite high up already by that time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails